No Fear: Dangerous Sports
Average Prices: USD $1,000 to $1,600
Manufacturer: Williams Electronic Games, Incorporated
Produced: May, 1995
Production Run: 4,540 units
Machine Type: Solid State Electronic
MPU: Williams WPC Security (WPC-S)
Concept by: Steve Ritchie
Design by: Steve Ritchie, Greg Freres, Matt Coriale, Dwight Sullivan
Art by: Greg Freres
Dots/Animation by: Brian Morris, Scott Slomiany, Adam Rhine
Mechanics by: Carl Biagi
Music by: Dan Forden, Vince Pontarelli
Sound by: Dan Forden
Software by: Matt Coriale
No Fear: Dangerous Sports is a 1995 pinball game designed by Steve Ritchie and released by Williams. It is based on the clothing line. This game has an extreme sports theme.
Launch optionsWhen a new ball is launched into the plunger, you are given five launch awards, which is selected when the ball is fired. Unless otherwise noted, the ball is launched through the Skydive lane. Another ball is popped from the right scoop and onto the right inlane.
- Start Challenge: Starts lit challenge.
- Super Cross Level: Advances the ramps towards Payback Time.
- Ball Lock: Ball is locked for multiball. You can lock up to two balls.
- Advance Raceway: Advances the Raceway (inner horseshoe lane).
- Flipper Skill Shot: You have to shoot the ball up the left ramp for 50 million points.
ChallengesThe goal in this game is to complete the five main challenges in order to qualify for the Major Challenges:
- Dirt Challenge: Shoot the ramps and the upper loop for points.
- Asphalt Challenge: You have to shoot the Raceway or the Skull three times to win.
- Water Challenge: All shots are initially lit for 10 million points. Shooting the Tube saucer increases the base value by 5 million points (up to a maximum of 30 million) and adds 10 more seconds to the mode timer.
- Snow Challenge
- Air Challenge
Major ChallengesAfter completing the main challenges, the major challenges are lit. They can only be started by shooting the Skull scoop. With the exception of the first challenge, major challenges can only be started by completing the letters in "NO FEAR".
- No Limits
- Fear Fest
- Meet Your Maker: This is a four-ball wizard mode where everything is lit: all shots are 250,000 points, the Raceway inner loop is maxed out at 25 million, return lanes, kickback, Extra Ball, Jackpot, Super Jackpot, and Super Spinner are lit, Payback Time is started by shooting each ramp once, and Autofire (ballsaver) is lit for 20 seconds.
- "3rd Ball, down by a BILLION, Extra Ball is lit--NO FEAR"
- "Plenty of...Air, Water, Dirt. Asphalt, Snow.but NO FEAR"
- "NO FEAR: DANGEROUS SPORTS is extreme pinball"